Established in 1985, the Haynes International Motor Museum is an Educational Charitable Trust number 292048.
The Haynes International Motor Museum is dedicated to maintain a museum for the public display of a collection of cars and all additions thereto for the purpose of promoting public education, appreciation and knowledge in the historical development and evolution of the motor car and other motor vehicles and their attendant parts, designs and technology.
The Haynes International Motor Museum aims to:
- Provide a unique and enriching educational experience through direct contact with authentic motoring related objects.
- Broaden and deepen understanding of the history, evolution, design and technology of the motor car and other motor vehicles throughout the ages and from around the world.
- Offer a relevant and enjoyable experience to attract the widest possible audience.
- Enhance facilities to further our educational resources.
To support the charity the Museum operates a limited company from which all profits made are donated to the Museum.
The limited company trades in the following areas:
- Venue hire – the Museum has six flexible, purpose-built function rooms can accommodation over 300 guests and the Museum itself is exclusively available for weddings, drinks receptions, Christmas parties and private dinners.
- Workshop and Restoration Centre - with a highly experienced team of staff we service and restore veteran, vintage, classic and modern vehicles for both the Museum and a national/international customer base.
Further details can be obtained from the Charity Trust Deed available on the Charity Commission website www.charity-commission.gov.uk.
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer at the Museum please email - email@example.com. If you have an object or vehicle that you wish to donate to the Museum please email - firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to offer your support in any other way other than volunteering or offering your vehicle as an exhibit, please email – email@example.com, with a suitable telephone number and convenient time for us to call you back for a confidential conversation.
Statement from Haynes International Motor Museum Chairman of Trustees, John H Haynes OBE
Re: Planning Application Reference - 17/02745/FUL
The Haynes International Motor Museum Charitable Trust are delighted to confirm plans have been submitted to further extend and improve our ever growing Museum. The new facility will significantly enhance our offering, strengthen our ability to deliver on all of our charitable objectives and assert our position as a flagship visitor attraction in the South West well into the 21st Century.
Further details on the planning application can be found by following this link: www.southsomerset.gov.uk