Announcing our exciting new future
We are delighted to announce a major new £5 million museum redevelopment project which started in September 2011. The entire museum frontage will be replaced with new entrance, gift shop and cafe as well as more exhibition space and improved visitor facilities. The museum will be open throughout the build and we will do all we can to keep the disruption to a minimum however some disruption is envisaged. We advise visitors to contact us if you have any major concerns. Please monitor our progress, including up-to-date information on all the areas affected by the works.
Phase 1 of the redevelopment is now open, with phase 2 opening next Spring.
Current areas affected by the building works:
• Kids race track - NOW OPEN
• Haynes Motorland including an adventure play area - NOW OPEN
• Super Diggers - NOW OPEN
• American Collection (Hall 5) - NOW OPEN
• British and Specialist (Hall 4) - NOW OPEN
• Forshaw Speedway Collection (Motorcycle Mezzanine) - out of operation - NOW OPEN
• British & World Motorcycle Collection (Motorcycle Mezzanine) - out of operation - NOW OPEN
• Austin/Morris Hall - out of operation
• Café - re-located to the new temporary entrance, serving snacks and drinks
• Shop - re-located to the new temporary entrance
The visitor experience within the Museum is not affected, more information coming soon..............