This is a matrix role supporting the Marketing and Reception and Retail teams. This new role will ensure best practices with the Museum’s customer database, create regular reports on visitor numbers and event bookings and other related visitor data. It will also support the Retail team by taking ownership of all online ticketing for admissions and events and take the lead on building product content for the Museum’s online shop.
The ideal candidate will be highly IT literate, driven by an attention to detail and must be comfortable with communicating and transferring accurate data into easily understandable internal reports.
- Responsible for ensuring the information on the Museum’s database (Subscriber) is clean, consistent and up to date, liaising across departments to ensure best database practice
- Support the Marketing department to report on customer profiles and behaviour
- Assist all departments with relevant mailing lists
- Ensure best practice on the methodology of data collection and reporting
- Keep up to date with data standards, upholding customer confidentiality and complying with the Data Protection Act and GDPR
Visitor numbers reporting
- Accurately extract visitor data from the Museum’s EPOS system (Access Gamma) and the new Museum Database (Subscriber) and use it to produce regular reports on Museum, educational, groups and corporate visitor numbers
- Create an effective process to enable future forecasting of potential visitor numbers
- Support the marketing department to refine data to identify patterns, trends and changes between pre-booking and onsite visitor numbers
- Manage reports on external factors that may affect visitors on-site, such as the weather, to help create a richer understanding of visitor behaviour patterns
- Update, refine and present all data in an easy-to-understand way
- Help to identify potential new data sources to enable further insights
- Act as the main point of contact between the software provider (Access Gamma) and the Museum with regard to online ticketing and other reporting functionality
- Working with multiple departments ensure that all Museum and event tickets are managed in a timely and accurate manner including discount codes
- Create reports and lists from data of attendees to events as required
- Take the lead on loading and managing the product content on the Museum’s online shop
- Work closely and regularly with the Retail Manager to add new product data
- Provide accurate and timely reports on online shop sales to assist in digital promotion and stock choices.
- Strong working knowledge of Word, Excel, Database, CRM, Online ticketing
- Numerical literacy: comfortable in dealing with numerical data
- Solutions focused on logical thinking
- Excellent attention to detail with a drive for accuracy
- Project management skills: Able to handle time-sensitive projects and work to deadlines
- Data Visualization: Able to decipher and communicate raw data into various tables, graphs and charts that are clear and easily interpreted
- An understanding of data management, sources and organisation
- Good communication skills and ability to collaborate as part of a team
- A passion for continuous learning
- A good understanding of the Data Protection Act and GDPR
- Experience of working in a visitor attraction or similar
- Commercial awareness
- Experience of between one and three years in a data-based role, able to clearly demonstrate prior experience of all the Key Tasks and Key Skills listed above as Essential.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit the following by email to: Margaret Saunders at firstname.lastname@example.org
• A well-formatted covering letter outlining clearly how you match the key skills and key tasks listed above (maximum one-page font size 12)
• An indication of your salary expectations and your current notice period
• A copy of your CV, with your work history in reverse chronological order i.e. your most recent employment first
The closing date for applications is Thursday 30th September 2021. Applicants will be assessed on an ongoing basis with the first round of interviews taking place via Zoom.