An exciting opportunity has arisen for the role of Food and Beverage team members at the Haynes International Motor Museum in Sparkford, Somerset. As one of the leading museums and visitor attractions in the South West, with over 125,000 visitors annually, you will be joining a dynamic and engaged team of over 120 staff and volunteers.
The Museum has over 400 vehicles and as a charity it has three core aims: Preservation, Restoration and Education. The Museum also operates several businesses that donate all their profits to support these charitable aims. Those businesses are:
- Museum Workshop & Restoration Centre: We not only preserve and restore the Museum’s vehicle collection, but we also offer those services to a local and international client base of veteran, vintage, classic and modern sports car owners
- Venue Hire: We offer one of the South West’s premier venue hire facilities, hosting conferences, events, exhibitions, and functions throughout the year
- Café 750: We offer a wide range of food and drinks to both Museum visitors and other individuals and groups
- Museum Shop: The shop offers a vast selection of automobilia and has an online retail platform
Food and Beverage Team Member
The Food and Beverage Team Member will report directly to the Food and Beverage Team Leader and thence to the Food and Beverage Manager.
The Food and Beverage team member will join a lively and enthusiastic team operating in all areas of the department offering a variety of delicious produce, locally sourced and freshly made food to Museum visitors, Venue hire and conference customers and Car Group clubs. As a hands-on Food & Beverage Team member you will ensure that the visitor journey experience is at the forefront of our success, delivering an exceptional Food and Beverage experience in Café 750, at Haynes Breakfast Clubs and with Venue Hire delivery. You will have an eye for detail and an understanding of food preparation, service delivery, ordering and stock control. You are a team member with a ‘can do’ attitude and you go above and beyond to surprise and delight the visitors and help create an enjoyable experience.
MAIN ROLES & Responsibilities
- Serving café customers and conference guests with food and drinks
- Basic food preparation and cooking – sandwiches, paninis, bacon rolls, soups etc
- Assisting customers in a professional, courteous, and friendly manner
- Making and serving a variety of barista coffees
- Assisting with the delivery of catering at breakfast clubs
- Ensuring all food hygiene and allergen information is completed
- Setting up conference rooms for Venue Hire guests’ meetings and dinners
- Hosting for conferences and group visits
- Operating the till and daily cash up
- Clearing tables and washing up
- Cleaning and replenishing counter stock
- Ensuring all areas of the department areas are tidy at the end of the shift, including sweeping and mopping floors
- Assisting in stock ordering and stock rotation
- Passionate about food and drink, home-made and local produce
- Energetic, enthusiastic, and reliable
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good personal hygiene and a smart appearance
- Compliance with our Food Hygiene Policy
- Food hygiene level 2 (desirable)
- Previous barista experience (desirable)
- Excellent selling skills, creative and pro-active with the ability to upsell
- Confident, approachable, happy, with an engaging and outgoing style
- Well organized
- Calm under pressure during busy periods
- Aware of health and safety compliance regulations
- Good nutritional and allergen knowledge
Hours and Salary
We have a variety of contractual hours available: 1 x 40-hour contract and zero hours. The role will include weekend work and occasional evenings. Working days 5 out of 7 on a rota basis. Good rates of pay.
How to apply
Please submit the following by email to the Venue Hire Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A copy of your CV, with your work history in reverse chronological order i.e. your most recent employment first
- A covering letter outlining clearly how you match the key tasks listed above (maximum one page font size 12) and which role you are applying for (full / part time / zero hour)
The closing date for applications is Monday 14th June 2021. Applicants will be assessed on an ongoing basis and should be prepared to attend a first round interview.
No agencies please.