In preparation for their reopening after lockdown, the Haynes International Motor Museum in Sparkford, Somerset is seeking Reception and Retail staff. As one of the leading museums and visitor attractions in the South West, with over 125,000 visitors annually, you will be joining a dynamic and engaged team of over 120 staff and volunteers.
The Museum has over 400 vehicles and as a charity it has three core aims: preservation, restoration and education. The Museum also operates several businesses whose profits support these charitable aims. Those businesses are:
• Workshop & Restoration Centre: We not only preserve and restore the Museum’s vehicle collection but we also offer those services to a local and international client base of veteran, vintage, classic and modern sports car owners
• Venue Hire: We offer one of the South West’s premier venue hire facilities, hosting conferences, events, exhibitions and functions throughout the year
• Café 750: The café offers a range of delicious meals and snacks using fresh local produce to both museum visitors and the wider public
• The Museum Shop: The shop offers a vast selection of automobilia and also operates an online retail platform
Reception and Retail Assistant
The Reception Team play a key role in the Museum visitor’s experience, operating the Museum Shop and providing the highest standard customer service to all visitors.
The Museum has a culture of mentoring, ownership and mutual professional respect. This is a truly exciting time to be joining a successful and growing business and the role of the Retail and Reception Assistant is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate.
Job Description Duties & Responsibilities
• Welcoming visitors, selling tickets and providing information about their visit
• Acting as a Brand Ambassador for the Museum
• Promoting the Gift Aid scheme and souvenir guidebooks to all visitors
• Assisting visitors with enquiries about the Museum and their Shop purchases
• Ensuring that that Shop is kept tidy and restocked regularly
• Co-ordinating with all internal departments of the Museum as required
• Strong and clear communicator
• Excellent customer service skills
• Positive attitude and professionalism
• Passion and commitment to work
• Ability to remaining calm under pressure
• Accuracy and high standard of attention to detail
• Able to use own initiative
There are several positions available including 35 hours/week, 20 hours/week and zero hour contracts. All positions will require working on a rota covering 7 days/week so will incorporate some weekend working.
How to Apply
Please submit the following by email to Margaret Saunders: email@example.com :
• A copy of your CV, with your work history in reverse chronological order i.e. your most recent employment first
• A covering letter outlining clearly why you consider yourself to be suitable for the role and which working pattern you would be interested in
All roles will be expected to start in May 2021 (subject to change) although applicants will be assessed on an ongoing basis prior to the closing date for applications.