An exciting opportunity has arisen for the role of Reception and Retail Assistant at the Haynes International Motor Museum in Sparkford, Somerset. As one of the leading museums and visitor attractions in the South West, with over 125,000 visitors annually, you will be joining a dynamic and engaged team of over 120 staff and volunteers.
The Museum has over 400 vehicles and as a charity, it has three core aims: Preservation, Restoration and Education. The Museum also operates several businesses that donate all their profits to support these charitable aims. Those businesses are:
- Museum Workshop & Restoration Centre: We not only preserve and restore the Museum’s vehicle collection, but we also offer those services to a local and international client base of veteran, vintage, classic and modern sports car owners
- Venue Hire: We offer one of the South West’s premier venue hire facilities, hosting conferences, events, exhibitions, and functions throughout the year
- Café 750: We offer a wide range of food and drinks to both Museum visitors and other individuals and groups
- Museum Shop: The shop offers a vast selection of automobilia and has an online retail platform
Reception and Retail Assistant
The Reception Team play a key role in the Museum visitor’s experience, operating the Museum Shop and providing the highest standard customer service to all visitors. The Museum has a culture of mentoring, ownership and mutual professional respect. This is a truly exciting time to be joining a successful and growing business and the role of the Retail and Reception Assistant is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate.
Job Description Duties & Responsibilities
- Welcoming visitors, selling tickets and providing information about their visit
- Acting as a Brand Ambassador for the Museum
- Promoting the Gift Aid scheme and souvenir guidebooks to all visitors
- Assisting visitors with enquiries about the Museum and their Shop purchases
- Ensuring that that Shop is kept tidy and restocked regularly
- Coordinating with all internal departments of the Museum as required
- Strong and clear communicator
- Excellent customer service skills
- Positive attitude and professionalism
- Passion and commitment to work
- Ability to remaining calm under pressure
- Accuracy and high standard of attention to detail
- Able to use own initiative
We are looking to hire candidates on flexible zero-hours contracts, with shifts available throughout the year. All positions will require working on a rota covering 7 days/week so will incorporate some weekend working.
How to Apply
Please submit the following by email to Nikki Duncan-Webster: email@example.com :
- A copy of your CV, with your work history in reverse chronological order i.e. your most recent employment first
- A covering letter outlining clearly why you consider yourself to be suitable for the role and which working pattern you would be interested in
Applicants will be assessed on an ongoing basis and should be prepared to attend a first-round interview.