This is an exciting time to join the Haynes International Motor Museum (Charitable Trust No 292048). In 2014 after ten years of planning, two and a half years of building and a self-funded £6,000,000 investment, the Museum re-launched having been transformed with spectacular new buildings that reflect the prestige of the collection. The development included five new or remodelled exhibition spaces, a new atrium reception, expansive venue hire facilities, a bright and airy retail shop, a new Museum café (Café 750), a relocated and expanded playground, landscaped gardens, and new parking for our ever increasing visitor numbers.
To work under the Retail Manager in co-operation with the reception / shop team to provide seven day a week cover for 361 days of the year in this important customer facing role. Reception and shop are currently covered from one central point, which is a busy environment and also acts as the main telephone reception point. Working as a member of a team you will be required to deal directly with the public both face to face and on the telephone. Your appearance should be of the highest standard and you will be expected to always be smartly dressed, there is a dress code which will be clearly explained.
- Till/computer operation including daily cashing up
- Assisting the manager in all aspects of retail operation
- Fielding telephone calls
- Promoting Souvenir Guide sales and Gift Aid to ALL customers
- In store cleaning and shelf replenishment
- Working on a Zero hour contract the role is flexible at all times.
- The opening hours are 09:30 – 17:30 during the summer and 09:30 – 16:30 during winter.
- We open 7 days a week and you could be called upon to cover any shifts as required.
HOW TO APPLY
We will seek to appoint the successful candidate either at interview or very soon after. All interviewees will hear from us whether they were successful or not.
Due to the high volume of applications we now receive since job seeker rules were changed we are not able to respond individually to every application made.