Haynes International Motor Museum - Background
An exciting opportunity has arisen for the role of Venue Hire Executive at the Haynes International Motor Museum (HIMM) in Sparkford, Somerset. As one of the leading museums and visitor attractions in the South West, with over 125,000 visitors annually, you will be joining a dynamic and engaged team of over 120 staff and volunteers.
The Museum has over 400 vehicles and as a charity it has three core aims: Preservation, Restoration and Education. The Museum also operates several businesses that donate all of their profits to support these charitable aims; those businesses are:
- Venue Hire: We offer one of the South West’s premier venue hire facilities, hosting conferences, events, exhibitions and functions throughout the year
- Café 750: our Museum café offers a selection of fresh, local meals as well as snacks, pastries and cakes to not only Museum visitors but also customers who come to Café 750 as a stand-alone destination
- The Museum Workshop and Restoration Centre: We not only preserve and restore the Museum’s vehicle collection but we also offer those services to a local and international client base of veteran, vintage, classic and modern sports and supercar owners
- The Museum Shop: The Shop offers a vast selection of automobilia and also has an online retail platform
Job Title: Venue Hire Executive
Reporting Structure: The post holder will report to the Venue Hire Manager
The Venue Hire Executive at Haynes International Motor Museum will assist in the sales and delivery of MICE (meetings, incentives, conferences, exhibitions) within the HIMM Venue Hire business unit. The Venue Hire Executive will focus on understanding a client’srequirements, planning and co-ordinating the event details, meeting and greeting the client on the day and overseeing the delivery of an exceptional customer experience. The Venue Hire Executive should be confident and comfortable talking with clients, have a passion for detail and the ability to juggle multiple, concurrent projects. The ideal candidate will be naturally incredibly well organised with the ability to prioritise and work through an ever changing ‘to do’ list! Part of the role will also be to develop new business, so we are seeking an excellent communicator with preferably some industryrelated sales experience. The Venue Hire Executive will be able to promptly come up with creative solutions to any challenges that arise, whilst keeping calm, positive and always with a smile.
The Venue Hire offering at the Museum is at a pivotal moment and this is a truly exciting, challenging and hugely rewarding opportunity for the right candidate. The successful applicant will ideally have demonstrable experience of delivering first rate customer service in a hospitality environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan and undertake sales and promotional activity, focusing on securing new conference, meetings and private functions in order to meet budgetary targets
- Optimise the value of each hire by proactively seeking to upsell occupancy, equipment and catering
- Respond to all Venue Hire enquiries in a timely, professional manner
- Take full and comprehensive notes to understand the client’s requirements and map the Venue Hire capabilities to deliver exceptional events
- Issue event quotes/proposals for day and evening hires, within a maximum of 48 hours of receiving the enquiry
- Prepare event contracts for the client and ensure all event specifications are compliant with HIMM brand pillars and Terms & Conditions
- Ensure all relevant event confirmation paperwork is always complete and accurate
- Co-ordinate with internal departments to ensure the event can be hosted in line with HIMM Terms & Conditions
- Facilitate client show rounds for both individuals and during Venue Hire open days
- Liaise with the Venue Hire Manager and any other relevant departments to successfully oversee the delivery of the event
- Liaise with the Facilities Support Team to manage the safe day to day set up and breakdown of events and AV and ICT technologies in various locations within the Museum
- Ensure the client is invoiced accurately and promptly in line with HIMM Terms & Conditions and that financial information is properly recorded
- Ensure all record keeping relating to hires is up-to-date on the database
- Facilitate event follow-up and feedback after the event
- Ensure that a Venue Hire Executive is present at the event, to meet and greet the client, and provide an exceptional customer experience
- Enthusiastic attitude, highly organised and able to juggle multiple, concurrent projects, with a sense of pride and ownership
- Always presentable with a polite and helpful manner, with exceptional customer service skills
- Confident communicator; comfortable connecting with high-level executives, suppliers, co-workers, all customers and event attendees
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent financial acumen
- Able to work independently but also take direction from others
- Ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction is met at all times and take the lead in the absence of the Venue Hire Manager
- Strong and competent knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel and Outlook. A knowledge of Sage and CRM databases would be advantageous
- Passionate; you have to really love what you do, with the ability to keep calm in stressful situations
- A problem solver; you enjoy finding creative solutions to any challenges that arise.
- Able and willing to work out of hours; time off in lieu will be given (TOIL)
- Ideally, a minimum of two years demonstrable experience in the venue hire sector or hospitality (If you do not have this experience but feel that you are great with customers, financially astute, highly organised and have a passion for this role, tell us in your covering letter how your existing skills are transferrable and why we should choose you!)
A very competitive salary commensurate with experience will be offered.
Hours, Culture and Structure
This is a full time role. Standard office hours are based on a 40 hour working week. The job
will require some weekend and evening work as business dictates. Time off in Lieu (TOIL)
will always be given. The open plan office is busy and all staff are engaged and supportive
with a “nothing is too much trouble” approach.
You will report directly to the Venue Hire Manager and work on a daily basis alongside all
departments of the Museum and associated Limited Company businesses.
How to Apply
Please submit the following by email to Wendy Evis: email@example.com:
- A copy of your CV, with your work history in reverse chronological order i.e. your most recent employment first
- A covering letter outlining clearly how you match the key tasks listed above (maximum one page font size 12)
- Please indicate your current notice period
- Please indicate your salary expectations
The closing date for applications is Monday 1st February 2021. Applicants may be
interviewed prior to the stated closing date, therefore we strongly encourage interested
candidates not to delay their application.
Please note we will only consider candidates with relevant experience. No agencies