A hugely exciting opportunity has arisen for the role of Venue Hire Manager at the Haynes International Motor Museum in Sparkford, Somerset.
The Venue Hire Manager at Haynes International Motor Museum (HIMM) will lead the delivery of MICE (meetings, incentives, conferences, exhibitions) within the HIMM Venue Hire business unit, with a focus on selling, managing, and delivering a wide range of events. The post holder will be instrumental in leading and mentoring a high performing team as well as ensuring that all clients and potential clients receive a polite, professional and efficient service, maintaining all the HIMM brand pillars.
The Venue Hire Manager will work in collaboration with the Food & Beverage team and external suppliers to deliver a full set of menus and day delegate packages that both surprise and delight the client but also ensure maximum profitability. Working alongside the Marketing and Communications team the post holder will also lead their team to attract new clients and to upsell products and services as appropriate.
The Venue Hire offering at the Museum is at a pivotal moment and this is a truly exciting and hugely rewarding opportunity for the right candidate. The successful applicant will have demonstrative experience of delivering first rate customer service whilst also displaying acute commercial acumen. Above all, he/she will display inspirational leadership with an empathetic approach to mentoring and growing a team. This role is all about building an exceptional team to deliver exceptional service.
The role will report to the Chief Executive Officer
• Lead the Venue Hire team across all areas of responsibility
• Mentor the Venue Hire team, supporting skills growth and continuous professional development at all times
• Respond to all Venue Hire enquiries in a timely, professional manner
• Co-ordinate with internal departments to ensure the event can be hosted in line with HIMM Venue Hire Terms & Conditions
• Prepare event contracts for the client and ensure all event specifications are compliant with HIMM brand pillars and Terms and Conditions
• Lead client site visits as required both for individuals and Venue Hire open days
• Issue event quotes for day and evening hires, within a maximum of 48 hours of receiving the enquiry
• Liaise with the Food and Beverage Team and any other relevant departments to deliver the event and ensure the smooth operation of the wider Museum operations
• Liaise with the Operations team to manage the safe day-to-day set up and breakdown of equipment including AV and IT
• Ensure all relevant event confirmation paperwork is always completed
• Ensure the client is invoiced accurately and promptly in line with HIMM Venue Hire Ts & Cs and that financial information is properly recorded
• Ensure all paperwork and record-keeping relating to hires is up-to-date and forwarded to the relevant departments
• Support the accurate management of the database platform and other key reporting processes to manage both sales pipeline planning and event planning
• Working with the FD and CEO, be responsible for setting budgets and delivering venue hire income targets
• To lead and support proactive business development activity
• To increase the value of each hire by proactively exploring ways to increase occupancy, equipment and catering
• Ensure that a member of the Venue Hire Team is in attendance at every event acting as client host (dress: business suit or equivalent)
• Manage the feedback and follow-up processes, ensuring all clients are thanked, data is collected about sales entry routes, conversion rates and returning customer stats.
• Working alongside the Marketing and Communications team develop and support the Venue Hire marketing strategy
• Plan and support the team to research and generate potential Venue Hire clients as per the Venue Hire marketing strategy
• Represent the Venue Hire offering at industry conferences, networking events and associations with a view to increasing HIMM’s reputation as a venue and make connections with new potential clients, proactively identifying networking opportunities
• Support the Marketing Team to keep the Venue Hire webpages up-to-date and support production of new print materials in line with the sales and marketing strategy
• Manage Venue Hire contacts on the database, ensuring all prospects, clients and supplier contacts are recorded and managed
• Liaise with the Collections team regarding the layout and allowances in each gallery space when Museum space is used for Venue Hire purposes
• Represent the Venue Hires team in internal management meetings as required
• Manage, support and mentor all Venue Hire department staff
• Leadership and mentoring skills to develop a high performing team Essential
• Organisational skills and attention to detail Essential
• Advanced IT skills: Strong working knowledge of Word, Excel, Database, CRM Essential
• Commercial Acumen: The ability to manage budgets and understand margins Essential
• Proven, successful sales experience Essential
• Time-Management skills and the ability to work under pressure to ensure the efficient running of an event Essential
• Event management skills: Able to multi-task, be organised and problem solve with a hands-on approach. Essential
• Excellent communication skills, including written and spoken English, and the ability to deal with clients in a professional manner Essential
• Always presentable with a polite and helpful manner, with exceptional customer service skills Essential
• Passionate - you have to really love what you do, with a sense of pride and ownership Essential
Experience of three to five years in a similar role and able to clearly demonstrate prior experience of all the Key Tasks and Key Skills listed above as Essential.
A competitive salary commensurate with experience will be offered.
Hours, Culture and Structure
This is a full-time role. Standard office hours are based on a 40-hour working week. The job will require some weekend and evening work as business dictates. Time off in Lieu (TOIL) will always be given. The open-plan office is busy and all staff are engaged and supportive with a “nothing is too much trouble” approach.
How to Apply
Please submit the following by email to: Charmaine Craig email@example.com
• A well formatted covering letter outlining clearly how you match the key skills and key tasks listed above (maximum one page font size 12) - If you believe you have transferable skills please describe how these may suit the needs of this position
• An indication of your salary expectations and your current notice period
• A copy of your CV, with your work history in reverse chronological order i.e. your most recent employment first