THE MUSEUM IS IN TIER 4 AND CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
**PLEASE NOTE: Please follow Government Guidelines on Tiers and travel as you may not be able to visit.**
We understand how important it is for you to feel safe during your visit and the team are fully committed to welcoming you back safely. Below you will find further information on what to expect from your visit and the safety measures we have in place.
Our Covid19 safety measures have been evaluated by Visit England and we are proud to have been awarded the 'We're Good to Go' industry charter mark. This mean we have all the processes in place to ensure a safe and enjoyable visit for all.
are you ready to plan a visit?
The current government guidelines have made it necessary for us to make some adjustments to the experience for your comfort and protection. If you are planning a visit we reccomend watching the below video to help you know what to expect...
For your safety we have:
• Introduced a pre-book ticketing system, with limited visitor numbers to keep you safe. Pre-book your ticket here.
• Included NHS Track and Trace as part of the booking process, this information will not be used for marketing purposes.
• Provided hand sanitiser stations on arrival and throughout the Museum
• Installed safety screens and contactless payments at all pay points
• Introduced enhanced cleaning regimes, with special attention on touch points and toilet facilities.
• Alternative routes throughout the Museum with one-way flows where possible and clear signage throughout
• Implemented social distancing measures such as ‘one-way’ systems, clear signage and floor markers for your protection
• Adapted or suspended certain activities to keep every experience safe
• Provided ‘Safer Service’ training for staff and volunteers
• Provided all staff and volunteers with appropriate PPE and check their temperature on arrival
• Adapted our Café 750 to provide the same high quality of food with increased safety, social distancing and minimal contact
• Ensured we are fully compliant with Government “Staying COVID-19 Secure in 2020” guidance
In return we ask you to:
• Pre-book your ticket before visiting. Pre-book your ticket here.
• Stay at home if you are experiencing symptoms of Covid-19, or have been in contact with someone with Covid-19 in the last 14 days
• Wear a face masks when inside the Museum and shop, in accordance with Government guidance.
• Respect and maintain social distancing from other visitors on site
• Use the hand sanitising stations provided to protect yourself and others
• Read safety instructions on arrival and during your visit carefully
• Adhere to the queue lines and floor markings, keep to the routes signed and follow any additional instructions provided on signage
• Be responsible for and supervise any children in your group at all times and ensure they follow social distancing guidelines
• Please pay attention to instructions provided by our staff during your visit
• Speak to our team if you have any questions or concerns regarding your visit
• Have a great and enjoyable day out!
OTHER CHANGES TO BE AWARE OF:
- The Museum and Cafe 750 opening times have changed.Click here to find out more.
- The Cafe 750 service and menu has been reduced temporarily. Find out more here.
- The children's outdoor playground, soft play and go karts will be closed until further notice. This is due to safety, as with continuing outside improvements involving scaffolding we are unable to reopen these facilities at present.
The Museum is closely following all guidance from the UK Government with regards to Covid 19 and public safety. We will update and review our safety measures on an ongoing basis to ensure we are fully compliant. If you have further questions regarding your visit, please contact us on 01963 440804