- Q – Where can I purchase an admission ticket?
A – You can purchase an admission ticket by telephone calling 01963 440804 (09:30 to 16:30), online via our ticketing page or on arrival at the Museum.
- Q- ARE DOGS ALLOWED IN THE MUSEUM?
Only Guide dogs are allowed within the Museum. Pet dogs are not allowed in the Museum, however they are allowed outside access at the front and rear of the Museum.
- Q – How much is an admission ticket?
- Q - Do Carers pay for admission?
- A - From 1 December 2019, visitors who require a carer to facilitate their visit will be issued a free complimentary carer’s day ticket with every paying disabled admission. Please contact the Museum prior to your visit if you require multiple carers. Please be aware the reception staff may ask to present a proof of eligibility. For full information, please refer to our Access Statement. Please note: Carer tickets are allocated upon arrival and cannot be booked in advance online.
- Q – What is Gift Aid?
- Q – What discounts do you offer?
- Q – How can I get to the museum?
- Q – What time does the museum open and close?
- Q – What food and refreshment are available at the museum?
- Q – Can I bring a picnic?
A – There are picnic tables available outside at several locations around the Museum. Please note there is limited covered space available in the event of inclement weather.
- Q – Can I purchase souvenirs and gifts?
A – Yes, we have a Museum shop that stocks a very wide range of gifts including specialist automobilia and models, as well as regular souvenirs.
- Q - CAN I TAKE PHOTOGRAPHS?
A - You are welcome to take photographs during your visit which are taken for your personal use. Commercial photography is not permitted without prior arrangement. Please feel free to share your photographs on social media and tag us in your posts.
- Q – What other facilities do you have?
- Q – Is the entire museum accessible to disabled visitors?
- Q – Where can I stay locally?
- Q – I still cannot find the answer to my question